2022 NRL General discussion

Joined
Aug 11, 2011
Messages
10,718
Reaction score
1,227
Location
Perth WA
Believe me, as a long term Sydney FC member, I fucking agree, it doesn't belong to them, Moore Park is Sydney FC’s true home too and they put in just as much work as the Chooks did to help get this upgrade across the line. But Uncle Nick generally gets what he wants. I think his argument boils down to that Souths didn't do anything to help get the project done and are opportunistically swooping in when the hard work is done, which is petty as **** from the Chooks unless theres money involved, which I haven’t the faintest idea if there is.
Sounds like the chooks when it comes to
Juniors
 

Addy

Jaws
Joined
Jun 21, 2010
Messages
8,165
Reaction score
400
Location
NSW/ACT
Next year's Magic Round will have one NSW team having a bye.

I'm 97% sure of who that will be, the other 3% is Tigpies
 

Rob

Bronze Whaler
Joined
Aug 12, 2021
Messages
225
Reaction score
115
I hope it’s us with the bye, normally about round 10 is the perfect time. Hate to have it in the first 5-6 weeks.
 

egg

Jaws
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
12,047
Reaction score
591
Magic Round next year manditory Warriors bye
 

Six Again

Bronze Whaler
Joined
Nov 13, 2020
Messages
212
Reaction score
103
Location
Sharks Shire
Happy to have the bye and risk losing a home game.
I am with you but unfortunately there is a financial incentive for clubs to put up their hand to be the "home" team during Magic Round so don't like the chances of Sharks accepting the bye.
 
Joined
Aug 11, 2011
Messages
10,718
Reaction score
1,227
Location
Perth WA
I am with you but unfortunately there is a financial incentive for clubs to put up their hand to be the "home" team during Magic Round so don't like the chances of Sharks accepting the bye.
The NRL could always approach a Sydney club with a financial offer to take the magic round bye.

I’d rather see us there thou as sponsorship exposure will help in the long term.
Both monetary and hopefully loyalty with sponsors.
 
Joined
Mar 8, 2012
Messages
47,948
Reaction score
2,334
Location
Sydney
As much as I hate them Parra are the real deal. They seem to struggle against **** teams but they've now beaten the two heavyweights, no one else will do that this year.
 

andrew's_sharks

Great White
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Messages
3,613
Reaction score
263
Location
Melbourne
As much as I hate them Parra are the real deal. They seem to struggle against **** teams but they've now beaten the two heavyweights, no one else will do that this year.
I expect Parra to be a genuine premiership chance. They and us should make the 4. Penrith should be favourites but any of the top four can win on their day.
 

Super Impose

Great White
Joined
Feb 26, 2008
Messages
3,670
Reaction score
236
Location
The Hill
Anyone know why Brisbane are the away team every year for magic round.

Everyone else is year on / off - home / away .

Just another leg up for them ?
 

MrDravid

Oceanic Whitetip Shark
Joined
Apr 11, 2022
Messages
987
Reaction score
375
Yep this is the main thing. I'd imagine we will make significantly more this week than if we played the raiders at home here.
I think the figured being tossed around is $250k.

Manly taking their home game to Brisbane has been happening for a while, so it could be more $$.
 
Top