- Apr 27, 2010
- Reaction score
Got done by the Chooks 26-14
A lot of tries from kicks. Roosters got the rub of the green with a couple of tries that shouldn’t have counted and a bizarre sin-binning of Dykes, but the game was there for the taking at 16-14 and ball security let them down.
Very windy game so tough for outside backs. Passes longer than a couple of metres were getting blown around.
Some observations across the 17...
- Dykes was safe, and good on exit sets - but invisible on good ball sets
- Stonestreet’s work on exit sets was great. I like him. Very good ptb’s
- Centres and the other winger were not factors
- I don’t mind Fuz. Not fancy, but his passing is spot on and he plays eyes up
- RR as advertised. Took the line on. Good kicking game. Defended well when he needed to but was rarely tested.
- Finau was ok but not a stand out. Solid.
- Wilson’s service is top notch and so is his defence, but he’s prone to a bonehead play occasionally
- Sikei ... I’m not a fan. Played big minutes though.
- Hardy... solid most of the game but a couple of lazy misses
- Boothroyd... decent. Not a stand out - but can’t fault him. HB will love him.
- Hosking - fantastic defender. Plays well above his weight. Was probably best on ground until he had to go off with a hia. Runs good lines but is small. Would like to see if he has a passing game.
Bench was ok. Burke had a poor miss on the edge. Seemed more comfortable after he moved to the middle.
Agree with most of this. Though I did like the look of Samrani at 3, seems like a body body, fast, runs hard.
Dykes - yeah was basically non existent in attack
Finau I liked, one to watch progress.
Wilson looked good at 9 but then also made some shocking errors at really bad times. Service was crisp and fast.
Hosking I liked, made some good runs too.
Rivett looks good. Good defender, moves well and nice boot.